[wix-users] WIX package with extensions support using Sha2 algorithm

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Mon May 17 07:13:56 PDT 2021

Note: SHA-1 *is* supported everywhere. SHA-2 support requires at least one patch on Win7.

As for your question, can you please be more specific. If this is about the signing of the DifxApp  custom action DLLs, they are SHA-1 hashed by Microsoft. If you want those files signed by Microsoft with SHA-2 then you'll need to follow up with Microsoft. We don't actually build those DLLs (unfortunately, we've asked a couple times to manage the code but Microsoft has kept it to themselves).