[wix-users] Getting UNKNOWN\Installer\Assemblies message in msi log

viharika reddy viharikareddygopu at gmail.com
Mon May 17 05:44:40 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have created a merge module and included it in a MSI package. The merge
installs some files to GAC and some files to program files in the same
location as MSI.

In the MSI install log, I am getting below info. May I know why Windows
installer is mentioning the files of the merge module as from UNKNOWN
installer?

*Note: 1: 1402 2: UNKNOWN\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files
(x86)|Company|PrivateAssemblies|abc.dll 3: 2 *

Regards,
Viharika