[wix-users] SuppressDowngrade still installs a bundle

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:33:48 PDT 2021

That documentation doesn't match the commit message (
https://github.com/wixtoolset/codeplex/commit/2222d3e0e988763b3a46d07583acfd5046949e36
):

Add bal:WixStandardBootstrapperApplication/@SuppressDowngradeFailure to let
attempted downgrades happen. This is useful for redistributable bundles
where a later version major-upgrades prior versions and where a product
that ships with a prior version shouldn't cause an error when a later
version of the redistributable is already present.

Why do you want your bundle to return success if someone tries to install
an older version than the one that is already installed? Don't you want the
user to know that it failed to install in that case?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 12:35 PM Jacques Eloff via wix-users <