[wix-users] SuppressDowngrade still installs a bundle

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 10:35:05 PDT 2021

Hi

Reading through the documentation, the BAL extension to suppress downgrades
in the bootstrapper states that when set to "yes", it should result in a
"successful, do-nothing" operation.

However, when I create two upgrade related bundles with the success
blocker, it actually continues to execute the downgrade and I end up with a
SxS install of the two bundles.

[01BC:1E74][2021-07-07T09:03:43]i000: A newer version of this product is
installed but downgrade failure has been suppressed; continuing...
[01BC:2F48][2021-07-07T09:03:43]i200: Plan begin, 3 packages, action:
Install

I was expecting that the plan/execute phases would be skipped, but that
does not appear to be the case?

Do I need to add conditions on the packages to check if a downgrade is in
progress? Does WiXBundleAction support detecting downgrades?

Thanks,
Jacques