[wix-users] SuppressDowngrade still installs a bundle

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:57:50 PDT 2021

Hi Sean

This is a bundle that ships through WSUS. WSUS differentiates between
security and non-security updates, which can sometimes result in offering
older releases depending on how customers configure their update policies.
In those cases we want to avoid seeing downgrade failures when a deployment
runs over thousands of machines in an enterprise environment.

I read the documentation and it sounded like it was exactly what we wanted.
This was the cheaper option to implement and something we've used in custom
chainers previously.

I understand that it's by design and just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,
Jacques

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM Sean Hall via wix-users <