[wix-users] Block Legacy Installshield installer

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed May 20 23:43:35 PDT 2020

In Burn: ProductSearch element
Or in MSI: Upgrade element

---
Short replies here. Complete answers here: https://www.firegiant.com/services/

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Tobias Erichsen via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:05 PM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Tobias Erichsen <info at tobias-erichsen.de>
Subject: [wix-users] Block Legacy Installshield installer

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on moving an installation process of an application that was formerly using a legacy Installshield (non-msi) Installer towards WiX/Burn.

I currently detect the presence of that application in my bootstrapper-code and abort the installation requesting the user to uninstall the old version.

During the installation I want to install some kind of "blocker-msi" which will prevent future execution of the old Installshield installer.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to do that?

Best regards,
Tobias