[wix-users] Block Legacy Installshield installer

Tobias Erichsen info at tobias-erichsen.de
Wed May 20 23:05:24 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on moving an installation process of an application that was formerly using a legacy Installshield (non-msi)
Installer towards WiX/Burn.

I currently detect the presence of that application in my bootstrapper-code and abort the installation requesting the user
to uninstall the old version.

During the installation I want to install some kind of "blocker-msi" which will prevent future execution of the old
Installshield installer.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to do that?

Best regards,
Tobias