[wix-users] InstEd Alternative

Tobias S tobias.s1979 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:25:54 PDT 2020

Unfortunately many MSI tools are very old ones. To be honest I'd recommend
re-discussing such a policy limiting in daily work with the employer.

Other UI Tools for comparison are SuperOrca (
http://www.pantaray.com/msi_super_orca.html - last update 2012!) or
InstallShield. For InstallShield comparison I already got a partial wrong
comparison (think was IS2010). As this is a No Go for a comparison tool I
didn't use InstallShield for comparison anymore. InstEd is also my tool of
choice for MSI comparison.

Maybe here using InstEd in a virtual environment might be a choice.