[wix-users] Multi-language installer - custom bootstrapper
viharikareddygopu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 07:24:14 PST 2020
I would like to know whether I am following a right approach or not to
create a multi-lang installer(English and Japanese). I am following below
1. Default language is set to English in my product.wxs file.
2. Creating the msi package
3. Creating Japanese localized msi package using "-dcodepage=932" and
4. Generating a transform file (1041.mst) using torch by passing the
above two msi packages(English and Japanese)
5. Creating a simple bootstrapper application with language selection
dialog. Now my package contains
1. msi package
2. 1041.mst file (japanese) and
3. setup.exe (bootstrapper)
*Note*: I am not including Japanese msi in my package
1. setup.exe displays a lang-selection dialog upon its launching.
2. If user selects "English" then msi will be launched as "msiexex /i
3. If user selects "Japanese" then msi will launched as "msiexe /i
Could please confirm that I am following a right process here to create a
multi-language installer? Please let me know if there is any better
approach or any drawbacks in my current process.
More information about the wix-users