[wix-users] Multi-language installer - custom bootstrapper
Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Wed Feb 26 10:10:08 PST 2020
If you're already creating a bundle, why are you worrying about the MSI? Are these installer localizations or localizations on the installed application?
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of viharika reddy via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:24 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: viharika reddy <viharikareddygopu at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Multi-language installer - custom bootstrapper
I would like to know whether I am following a right approach or not to create a multi-lang installer(English and Japanese). I am following below approach.
1. Default language is set to English in my product.wxs file.
2. Creating the msi package
3. Creating Japanese localized msi package using "-dcodepage=932" and
4. Generating a transform file (1041.mst) using torch by passing the
above two msi packages(English and Japanese)
5. Creating a simple bootstrapper application with language selection
dialog. Now my package contains
1. msi package
2. 1041.mst file (japanese) and
3. setup.exe (bootstrapper)
*Note*: I am not including Japanese msi in my package
1. setup.exe displays a lang-selection dialog upon its launching.
2. If user selects "English" then msi will be launched as "msiexex /i
3. If user selects "Japanese" then msi will launched as "msiexe /i
Could please confirm that I am following a right process here to create a multi-language installer? Please let me know if there is any better approach or any drawbacks in my current process.
WiX Toolset Users Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
NOTE: This email was received from an external source. Please use caution when opening links or attachments in the message.
More information about the wix-users