[wix-users] Burn: Making full and lite version of installer

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Apr 28 08:08:42 PDT 2020

Maybe add-on bundles?

---
Short replies here. Complete answers here: https://www.firegiant.com/services/

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Jonas Juffinger via wix-users
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 7:35 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Jonas Juffinger <Jonas.Juffinger at creasoft.li>
Subject: [wix-users] Burn: Making full and lite version of installer

Hi all,

we have a software that is fairly small (a few MB), but needs some big software packages to run, for example .NET and MatLab.
We currently have two burn installers, one full installer containing all packages that is over a GB and a small one with only our application that has 8MB.
Our application is installed through WiX, the others are ExePackages with Permanent="yes".

Now to my question:
We would like to have, that the two installers behave like one. For example if the application was installed with the full installer also the small installer should detect the installation and show the interface with uninstall and repair and vise versa.
Is there an easy way to do that?

Thank you for your help,
Jonas