[wix-users] Can't Locate Bundle Executable For Powershell Uninstall

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:18:42 PDT 2020

On 64-bit systems you will find the bundle entry under
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
On 32-bit systems you will find the bundle entry under
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

I typically look for the information by comparing Publisher and/or
DisplayName (and optionally BundleVersion). Something like the following

Get-ItemProperty -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -Path
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*,
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Where-Object
{ $_.BundleProviderKey } | Where-Object { $_.Publisher -match
'ActualManufacturer' } | Where-Object { $_.DisplayName -match
'ActualProductName' } | Where-Object { $_.DisplayVersion -match
'ActualVersion' } | Select-Object -ExpandProperty QuietUninstallString

I'm looking for an entry containing a BundleProviderKey value to ensure I'm
looking at bundles. Then I make sure the Publisher, DisplayName, and
DisplayVersion match what I expect to find. You can remove one or more of
those Where-Object cmdlets if they're not helpful. Alternatively, you can
replace them with any other condition that makes more sense for your use
case. Finally, I expand the QuietUninstallString to get a command I can
execute to uninstall the bundle without showing the UI. Alternatively you
could expand UninstallString instead to show the UI.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:03 AM Arjen Mercado via wix-users <