[wix-users] update Registry Key when user reruns the setup and clicks on change/reinstall button

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 00:46:08 PDT 2019

Hi Apps,

I think your use of Transitive="yes" is backfiring on you.

The article below suggests you use Transitive="yes" as a mechanism to
conditionally install between components. In such cases you want to
evaluate a condition and install/remove the component only on condition
transition from true to false or false to true. You don't have a condition
so once your component is installed the "condition" doesn't change so it
doesn't reinstall the component.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/alexshev/2008/03/27/from-msi-to-wix-part-12-customizing-installation-using-transitive-components/

Of course, that is only a guess. Perhaps the problem may actually have more
to do with the value of the REINSTALLMODE property.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/reinstallmode

I would first try to remove the Transitive attribute and test to see if I
get the behavior I expect to get and then go from there.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:22 PM Aparna Dalvi via wix-users <