[wix-users] update Registry Key when user reruns the setup and clicks on change/reinstall button

Aparna Dalvi apa9rna at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 00:57:29 PDT 2019

Thanks for your reply.

I have another componets which has condition, and i want it to be evaluated
on reinstall as user can change his preferences during change/reinstall.
That's whay I set tarnsitive to yes. Here is my another componet.

<Component Id="cmp_Registry_SetupSettings_xx" Guid="
$(var.guid_cmp_Registry_SetupSettings_xx)" Win64="yes" Transitive="yes" >

          <Condition><![CDATA[CONFIGURE_LATER_SELECTED = 1 OR
USE_LOCAL_SELECTED = 1]]></Condition>

          <RegistryKey Root='HKLM' Key='
SOFTWARE\$(var.ProductSetupFullRegRoot)' ForceCreateOnInstall='yes'
ForceDeleteOnUninstall='no'>

            <RegistryValue Name='z' Value='{}' Type='string' />

            <RegistryValue Name='7' Value='{}' Type='string' />

          </RegistryKey>

      </Component>