[wix-users] Avoid Bundle Resume After Reboot

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:12:19 PST 2019

I have an unusual question. Is it possible to stop a bundle from
registering itself to resume after a reboot?

We have a deployment agent that wants to be in charge of restarting our
bundle after a system reboots. If the bundle requests the reboot, then it
is somewhat trivial to pass /norestart on the command line and inject a
step that removes the RunOnce value after the bundle completes but before
the system is actually rebooted. But if the system is rebooted by some
other process, then the agent's step to remove the RunOnce value has not
been executed which results in our bundle automatically resuming
post-reboot.

I understand that under normal circumstances it is incredibly beneficial to
have the automatic resume but in this case the deployment agent wants to be
in control of when these deployments are restarted.

Any thoughts?

--
Edwin G. Castro