[wix-users] Documentation for torch and pyro?

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:35:49 PST 2019

<rant>
"Selling" a patch to a customer should *never* *ever* be easier than a
major upgrade. When you service applications through patches you always
(this is guaranteed!!) end up with untested combinations of software at the
customer site. Do customers really want to be the first place where
software is tested? Most certainly not! But we, as a software developers,
have not educated them well enough to understand that they are better off
with software that has been fully tested rather than software that "should
work but we don't really know because you, the customer, may have some odd
combination of patches that may or may not have been tested together
because it is nearly impossible to test all the possible combinations!" And
let's be honest, while customers can be difficult in this regard, our own
managers and executives can be worse. We need to educate them all that
patches are bad for quality and reliability and should only be used when
your product is **sooo** large that always delivering major upgrades is
untenable. *BUT* in that case, you are making a conscious decision to
support patches and it is your responsibility to test as many of those
possible combinations as possible. Don't let your customer tell you they
prefer patches because that just means they don't know what they are
getting.
</rant>

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 6:32 AM Mark Itzcovitz via wix-users <