[wix-users] Strategy to migrate to WiX from another MSI build tool

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Sep 20 08:13:55 PDT 2018

Your ARP entry for the InstallAware package probably isn't the MSI but rather an uninstaller exe.

My guess is you need to detect the entry that is visible in ARP with a burn bundle, such that you can invoke their uninstall exe with a BA before entering a MSI transaction.

Why it doesn't work by using the MSI's upgrade code?  More than likely they didn't add their source path to the registry as they didn't want you to be able to remove the MSI without removing their EXE entries.