[wix-users] Strategy to migrate to WiX from another MSI build tool

Sergiy Kalinkin skalinkin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:36:59 PDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

We are currently using InstallAware to create our MSI and EXE for
installation. We would like to move to WiX. I have build simple MSI package
and provided update code from existing package.
During executing new MSI package there is an popup window complains about
not able to find MSI for UnInstallation. So I am assume that Upgrade code
is working but Windows could not find original MSI. If I start
un-installation from control panel old product beeng removed successfully.
Any hints how to Uninstall existing MSI before install new one?

TIA