[wix-users] 1st time novice

Habib Salim habib at hsalim.com
Tue Jul 17 08:01:54 PDT 2018

WiX is just an installer. It has nothing to do with licensing.

I've developed a few excel addins (nothing terribly fancy).  I've only used
the built-in deploy/publisher, which has been adequate for me.

We have three windows applications that we install using WiX.  We have our
own licensing module which seems to work decently well for us for now but I
imagine we may have to seriously consider other tools as our needs evolve.
I looked into a few 3rd party tools - Reprise was one - seemed pretty robust
but cost prohibitive.
I came across Lime LM recently.  Have been meaning to look into it.