[wix-users] Installing driver using cutomAction DriverPackageInstall in wix installer

sachin shinde sachincse1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:12:20 PDT 2018

--
I have a driver installing using DriverPackageInstall, and uninstall
DriverPackageUnInstall in wix installer. It works very well, If install and
Uninstall driver version 1.0.0.0.

But when I install 1.0.0.0 and upgrade 1.2.0.0. it works well replaces
drivers with 1.2.0.0 binaries.

But when I uninstall, driver is not uninstalled, checked logs found that
uninstallation successful DriverPackageUnInstall return 0, also
logContext.difxError is also 0.

Not able to figure why driver is not being uninstalled.

 <Custom Action='InstallDriverAction'
         After='InstallFiles'>NOT Installed</Custom>

 <Custom Action='UninstallDriverAction'
         After='InstallInitialize'>
                Installed AND NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE</Custom>
One observation is driver,cat,inf of version 1.0.0.0 is still present at
DRVSTORE, and driver with 1.2.0.0 deleted.

Any help will appreciated.

Thanks