[wix-users] UI Dialog Changes

KONDURU Pavan Pavan.KONDURU at 3ds.com
Mon Jan 22 13:57:52 PST 2018

Get rid of the Choose the Setup Type dialog completely. Install the complete features. I did try using the WixUI_InstallDir, but still no luck.

--Did you try <Property Id="WixUI_Mode" Value="Mondo" />

1. Remove the Print Button on the End User License Agreement dialog.
--I don't see a print button when I used WixUI_Mode="Mondo"

4. Customize the texts shown in all the dialogs.
--Find the property to which the text is assigned to the ones you are changing(ExitDialogDescription in below example) and add a .wxl file to your solution and overwrite them, something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WixLocalization Culture="en-us" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/localization">

  <String Id="ExitDialogDescription">Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard. Log file available at [MsiLogFileLocation] .</String>

</WixLocalization>