[wix-users] Applying a condition in Component

Laique Abbas laiqueabbas_is at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 05:11:14 PST 2017

Hi,

I need to skip a component when the setup is executed in"Repair Mode". I am using "REINSTALLMODE" Property toidentify if the setup is executing in Repair Mode. Below is the code snippetfor the Component.

<Component Id='UpdateConfig' Guid='EDA4F128-BCC1-4C0A-B8AC-588FCF3B64EB' KeyPath='yes'>

           <Condition>

             <![CDATA[REINSTALLMODE<>"ecmus"]]>

           </Condition>

<util:XmlFile Id='IP' Action="setValue" ElementPath="//configuration/appSettings/add[\[]@key='IP'[\]]/@value" File="[INSTALLLOCATION]Service.exe.config" Value="[SERVERIP]" /></Component>

I can get the property value REINSTALLMODE="ecmus"from the log file but the condition in component is not working. I have triedNOT operator as well but it is not working.

Can you please help me identify the issue here.

Thanks

Regards,

Mufaddal