[wix-users] Calling another installer (chaining?)

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Fri Feb 10 12:50:17 PST 2017

As you guys probably know, I'm reverse engineering some Installshield MSI/MSMs (and I do have the ISMs)

Here is the issue:
Lets say I have
MainProject
SubProject

Now I have Subproject working now - it needs to be able to be installed stand alone, but it also gets installed silently by "MainProject"

I have looked at the ISM, and can't see how you set this up, I have run DARK on the MSI, have extracted the MSI and other files out of the EXE install, and I just don't see how it calls from one to the other at all

Any idea what to look for in either the XML, or the ISM (in installshield) to see EXACTLY what it is doing?

Charles Gallo | 9 DOTS
Senior Director
1100 E Hector Street| Ste. 245 | Conshohocken, PA 19428
C: 917.301.2749
cgallo at ixdots.com<mailto:cgallo at ixdots.com>| ixdots.com<http://www.ixdots.com/>