[wix-users] Random issue : The "SuppressPatchSequenceData" parameter is not supported by the "Light" task

FREDERIC FORJAN Frederic.Forjan at schneider-electric.com
Sat Feb 11 10:32:15 PST 2017

Hey guys,

We're using  with wixtoolset v3.10.3.3007 installed  from chocolatey repository

On the same build machine running TFS 2015 / VS 2015 update 3, builds are passing and then suddently, we will get this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\wix2010.targets (2481, 7)
The "SuppressPatchSequenceData" parameter is not supported by the "Light" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\wix2010.targets (2435, 5)
The "Light" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.
Process 'msbuild.exe' exited with code '1'.

And then following builds will be green.
We don't really have a steps to replay it as it seems random.

Any idea ?

We've done some recent changes in our wix projects but I don't know how to tackle this issue...

Regards,
Fred

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person.