[wix-users] Update of burn bootstrappers behaving abnormally

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Fri Aug 25 08:32:37 PDT 2017

It is by design that the old bundle is run to remove itself. It's modeled after the same design in which the stripped cached copy of the old installed msi is run in order to remove it during upgrades. Normally that runs without any issues.

Which version of burn was used to generate the old bundles, and which version is generating the new ones? What bootstrapper application did you use in the old bundles? And how are they “getting stuck”?

Blair Murri

Sent from my Windows 10 phone