[wix-users] The harvest type was not found in the list of loaded Heat extensions.

Renaud Degeorges renaud.degeorges at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:30:47 PST 2016

Hi,

Sorry for answering so late but Like evb I had to work a bit.
Sampat, what do you mean by "run heat for directory on your command"

I can directly run the following command line ​without any issue, (not like
with Visual Studio)

C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.10\Bin\Heat.exe" project
MyProject.csproj -pog Binaries -projectname ProjectName -sw -gg -sfrag -out
"obj\Debug\Harvested XML\_MyProject.xml"

answer :

Windows Installer XML Toolset Toolset Harvester version 3.10.2.2516
Copyright (c) Outercurve Foundation. All rights reserved.
​
the _MyProject.xml file is well generated.

is it possible to generate the msi as well as the xml in command line?