[wix-users] mba: How to 'skip' a package in the Apply phase?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Mar 1 14:26:06 PST 2016

I have a scenario where my bundle installs a driver for multi-device hardware.  Then the bundle detects, in the Apply phase the exact hardware configuration which attached to the driver.  Based on this information (which is not available in the Plan phase), I need to install (or not) additional resources.  I had planned to include all of the resources (packages) in the Plan (and costing) phases, but then skip executing a particular resource package depending on the requirements of the hardware detected after the driver is installed, in a later packages ExecutePackageBegin handler by inspecting the system.  However I do not see how to skip executing a particular package.   The ExecutePackageBeginEventArgs e.ShouldExecute is read-only so I cannot set it to signal the engine to skip installing a package.  Any advice on how to approach this issue would be appreciated.
Phill