[wix-users] Signing a bundle

Stewart Lynch stewartlynch8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:21:00 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have built an msi and a bundle that wraps that msi. I now want to sign the
exe. Do I need to sign both the msi and the bundle exe, or just the bundle
exe? Also, are there any instructions on how to go about signing them?

I have obtained a certificate from Comodo and exported my certificate and
private key to a .pfx file, and I'm really not sure what to do next. Any
help or links to information would be really appreciated.

I found this:

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/overview/insignia.html

but that talks about external cabs. I'm not sure what an external cab is or
if I have one. It also doesn't mention a pfx file, I thought it would have
to point to that, or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Thanks for any help,

Stewart.