[wix-users] Signing a bundle

Stewart Lynch stewartlynch8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:00:27 PDT 2016

(answering my own mail) I think I've worked it out:

1.       Added <PropertyGroup><SignOutput>true</SignOutput></PropertyGroup>
to my msi installer .wixproj file

2.       I added the <Target Name="SignMsi">. as described in the link to my
msi installer .wixproj file

3.       Use the /f option in signtool.exe to pass in the path to my pfx
file and /p for the password, and /t for the timestamp url

4.       Added <PropertyGroup><SignOutput>true</SignOutput></PropertyGroup>
to my bundle .wixproj file

5.       Added <Target Name="SignBundleEngine"> and <Target
Name="SignBundle"> to my bundle .wixproj file as described in the link

6.       Again, passing in the same arguments to signtool.exe

Let me know if I've missed anything.

It would be really helpful if the link mentioned the SignOutput property. It
would also be really nice if a future version of Wix integrated this into
the visual studio properties (took me a while to realise I had to edit the
wixproj my hand).

Stewart.