[wix-users] ManagedBA with prerequisite at Programs and Features

Roni Fuchs ronif at microsoft.com
Sun Feb 21 06:24:06 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a custom MBA with .Net as a prerequisite.
If I install on a machine that doesn't have .Net, then after installation of .Net, after a restart of the machine even before starting my installation it appears at 'Programs and Features' as if my product has already been installed.
Why is that?
Can I postpone this till the end of a successful installation? And if not, how can I remove it?

If a user chooses to not install my product after the .Net restart, the entry is left there, and the same goes for if something went wrong during the installation.

Thanks,

Roni (Aron) Fuchs