[wix-users] Unresolved reference error

Bob rkamarowski at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 10:14:18 PST 2016

I have the following FileSearch:

<!--check for data file-->
    <Property Id="CHECKDATAFILE"
              Secure="yes">
      <DirectorySearch Path="CommonAppDataFolder1"
                        Id="ProgramDataFoldere"
                        Depth="0">
        <DirectorySearch Path="DatabaseSubDir1"
                          Id="ProgramDataSubFolder"
                          Depth="0">
          <DirectorySearch Path="DatabaseInstallDir1"
                            Id="ApplicationDataFolder"
                            Depth="0">
            <FileSearch Id="CheckDataFile" Name="eesData.db"/>
          </DirectorySearch>
        </DirectorySearch>
      </DirectorySearch>
    </Property>

If the file doesn’t exist I’m attempting to install it:

<!--if eesData.db not detected install eesStartupData.db-->
    <Component Id="CMP_InstallStartupDb"
                Directory="DatabaseInstallDir1"
                Guid="{1401E042-69AB-42A0-B12C-50C0757238BA}">
      <Condition>NOT CHECKDATAFILE</Condition>
      <File Id="eesStartupData.db"
            Name="eesData.db"
            KeyPath="yes"/>
    </Component>

But I’m getting the following error:

Error  Unresolved reference to symbol 'Directory:DatabaseInstallDir1' in section 'Product:*'.

I’ve attempted several different Directory entries but nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

 Sent from Mail for Windows 10