[wix-users] Can I store launch conditions in a separate file/project?

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Tue May 3 22:53:18 PDT 2022

You can have a single .wxi include file that is included by all projects, or a wixlib project that is included by all the projects

https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/overview/preprocessor.html

https://support.firegiant.com/hc/en-us/articles/230912047-Create-binary-wixlib-

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Mon, 02 May 2022 21:13:48 +0300 Tigran Galoyan via wix-users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote ----

Hi,

I have multiple WiX installer projects in my solution. And all of the
installers in the main wxs file under the Product element have the same
list of launch conditions, such as privileges, OS version on the target
machine, whether NET48 framework is installed or not, etc.

So I was wondering if it is possible to have these conditions moved into a
shared common project in my solution so that I can refer to that project
from all my installer projects and inject the conditions from that shared
place?

Thanks,
Tigran

P.S. Initially I opened a ticket for this in StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72090276/can-i-move-common-install-conditions-to-a-shared-wix-installer-project