[wix-users] How to sign selective MSI packages in a bundle

Tigran Galoyan tigran.galoyan at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:04:03 PDT 2022

Hi,

We sign our setup executables at the very end of the build process (first
the engine then the bundle itself). However, since the bundles consist of
many other MSI-s that we produce then when we try later after installation
to launch some applications installed with those MSI packages, then if the
launch requires elevated privileges then UAC pops up the window where it
states that the publisher is unknown. Apparently, the setup executable
itself is signed and shows the correct publisher.

How can we also sign the MSI packages (no all that are in a bundle, but
those that we generate) that later our applications show the correct
publisher at launch time (in the UAC popup)?

Thanks,
Tigran