[wix-users] How to know if a MSI was installed as a part of bundle

Kaveesh Dashora kaveeshd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:24:03 PST 2022

Hi,

I have a Managed Wix Bundle. It includes 4 different MSIs.
Two of them are shared components which the user can install separately also.

I am facing a scenario where the user has installed MSI separately,
and after installing it he comes and installs my bundle. It all works
fine. However, while uninstalling, the other 2 MSIs which were already
installed, they also get uninstalled.

Is there a way to know if the MSI was installed as a part of my
bundle? In such a case, I will not schedule an uninstallation of the
non bundle installed MSIs.
--
Kaveesh