[wix-users] v4: How to acquire Heat

Frederik Carlier frederik.carlier at keysight.com
Mon Jun 20 02:31:16 PDT 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to get up to speed on wix v4 preview.  I've been able to install the wix tool via dotnet tool install, and compile a very basic .wxs file using the command line tool.
As a next step, I'm trying to harvest files using heat.  It's not really clear to me what the delivery mechanism is for heat in v4.  Is it another .NET tool I need to install via the command line? Or is it an command line operation in wix (e.g. wix harvest)?

Thanks!

Frederik.