[wix-users] DotNot 5x detection

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:06:55 PST 2022

.NET Framework 5.0 does not exist. .NET 5 should have been named .NET Core
5. It was extremely confusing for Microsoft to decide on that naming.

Detecting it is tracked in https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/6257.
You might find this useful:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67024261/how-to-install-a-net-core-application-with-net-core-runtime-prerequisite-from-w/67198122#67198122

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:03 AM Mike Henseler via wix-users <