[wix-users] ExePackage removed on upgrade

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Fri Feb 11 08:59:49 PST 2022

> However, State of the ExePackage is "Present" and "ba requested: Absent" (so it gets uninstalled)

That pretty much answers your question. The ExePackage was requested to be removed so it gets uninstalled. It'd (most likely) be a bug if the ExePackage wasn't being uninstalled.

Probably need more information about why you think the ExePackage should not be removed.

I provide short answers on wix-users. Full commercial support is offered by FireGiant at http://www.firegiant.com/services