[wix-users] Mergemod.cub Defect in latest Platform SDK - Please Up vote this issue with Microsoft

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Feb 17 13:47:30 PST 2022

There is a WiX issue Unable to build after updating to version v3.14.0.4118 · Issue #6567 · wixtoolset/issues (github.com)<https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/6567>

that is caused by a bug in the latest Windows SDK.   I've filed a feedback item with Microsoft.   I would appreciate if people could up vote and comment that they needs this fixed.

Defect in Mergemod.cub distributed by Windows 11 SDK 10.0.22000.0 distributed by Visual Studio 2022 17.1.0 - Visual Studio Feedback<https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/defect-in-mergemodcub-distributed-by-windows-11-sd/1669490?from=email>

The issue is validation fails on merge module projects when it shouldn't.  The work around is to disable ICE103 but that is a bad practice and a lot of people would have to disable a lot of projects.

Thanks,
Chris