[wix-users] Issues with Moving from VS 2019 to VS 2022

Brett Rader brett at tradewatchauto.com
Wed Feb 2 09:56:18 PST 2022

Hi,

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure how to search other threads,
so if this has been answered, feel free to direct me there.

I have the latest version of Wix installed (3.11.2.4516).  I have been
configuring and building a project with VS 2019 for some time with no
issues.  I upgraded to VS 2022, and installed the VS 2022 Extension located
here (
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=WixToolset.WixToolsetVisualStudio2022Extension
).

When I try to build in VS, I get some error, but VS crashes.  So, I tried
via command line and got the following message:

c:\Users\brett\source\repos\HVATrayApp\HVA-TrayApp-Setup\HVA-TrayApp-Setup.wixproj(124,5):
error : The WiX Toolset v3.11 (or newer) build tools must be installed to
build this project. To download the WiX Toolset, see
http://wixtoolset.org/releases/

Build FAILED.

c:\Users\brett\source\repos\HVATrayApp\HVA-TrayApp-Setup\HVA-TrayApp-Setup.wixproj(124,5):
error : The WiX Toolset v3.11 (or newer) build tools must be installed to
build this project. To download the WiX Toolset, see
http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)