[wix-users] We cannot delete the application without restarting Windows

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:51:39 PST 2022

Do your applications properly support the Restart Manager? Some good links
here:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/51736412

WiX has a few tools to start/stop services/processes.

v3 docs

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/v3/xsd/wix/servicecontrol/

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/v3/xsd/util/restartresource/

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/v3/xsd/util/closeapplication/

v4 docs

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/reference/schema/wxs/servicecontrol/

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/reference/schema/util/restartresource/

https://wixtoolset.org/docs/reference/schema/util/closeapplication/

Worst case scenario, you may need a custom action to, at least, stop those
processes.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022, 01:20 k.dubailov--- via wix-users <