[wix-users] Get Upgrade Code of BootStrapper Exe from Registry

Venkatesh H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:11:03 PDT 2022

Thank you for your response Jacob. My customer has many existing installers
which are Bootstrapper Exes. These are bundling Prereqs along with the
MSIs. The requirement was to break down the Bootstrapper to individual MSIs
and remove the Prereqs completely. We will be installing / upgrading the
MSIs and not the Bootstrapper. The MSIs are getting upgraded properly.
However, the Bootstrapper entry still remains in the Add/Remove Programs
which needs to be uninstalled & removed. But since the Product ID of the
Bootstrapper can also keep changing for different versions, we are relying
on Upgrade Code to identify the Product ID and uninstall the Bootstrapper.
Since we are automating the installation / uninstallation, we need to
achieve it using PowerShell scripts. Hope this helps.

It will be great if anyone can provide a solution on how to get the upgrade
code of Bootstrapper using commands.