[wix-users] Command Line

Chuck Caldwell Chuck.Caldwell at WellSky.com
Thu Apr 21 08:29:44 PDT 2022

I have a custom bootstrapper that launches the msi in a non-standard way. This bootstrapper UI is used to show installed instances for the msi (it's a multi-instance installer). It allows the user to manage each installed instance. I manually extract the msi and then I use Installer.InstallProduct to do the actual installation. The reason I do this is so I can control the command line of the msi. It was the only way I could find to do it. Using the UI it works good. When I try to do a "quiet" run of the bootstrapper it takes a dump. The program just stops. No logging or anything to say what happened. When the user invokes the bootstrapper at the command line I don't show any UI. I just go right to the installation and pass the command line args from the user. I feel like this is my dilemma. Because I never invoke the UI the bootstrapper may just close, but, I'm not sure what to do here. Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks for any help,

Charles Caldwell  |  WellSky
Sr. Software Engineer
P: 480.831.7800 x14035
M: 480.787.6333

Software and services for realizing care's potential
Learn more at WellSky.com

This message (including any attachments) constitutes a private communication intended for a specific individual(s)  and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete this message and any attachments. Any  unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is not permitted. This email does not create a binding agreement between WellSky Corporation  and any third party.