[wix-users] Custom Actions are getting excluded from MSI

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:49:31 PDT 2022

I should mention including CustomAction.wxs in the project is like defining
a function in a program. Defining the function by itself is not enough. The
function has to be called from main or a function that is called directly
or indirectly from main.

The WiX equivalent for calling a function is a reference. In WiX you must
reference a Fragment from the Product element or from a Fragment referenced
directly or indirectly from the Product element.

--
Edwin G. Castro