[wix-users] How to install a component based on ProductLanguage?

viharika reddy viharikareddygopu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:03:23 PST 2021

Hi Edwin,

I have changed the ProductLanguage to PRODUCTLANGUAGE as you suggested but
still the comp2 is not getting installed. In the install log, I have
observed below information.

*MSI (s) (58:5C) [21:13:06:793]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding PRODUCTLANGUAGE
property. Its value is '1041'.*
*.*
*.*
*MSI (s) (58:5C) [21:13:06:795]: TRANSFORMS property is now: *
*MSI (s) (58:5C) [21:13:06:795]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying PRODUCTLANGUAGE
property. Its current value is '1041'. Its new value: '0'.*

Not sure why PRODUCTLANGUAGE is being set to "0". Do I need to do anything
related to PRODUCTLANGUAGE while creating the japanese transform file?

Below are the commands that I am using to create a Japanese transform file.

candle.exe my-prod.wxs -dcodepage=932
light.exe my-prod.wixobj -cultures:ja-JP -out my-prod-ja-JP.msi
torch.exe -p -t language my-prod.msi my-prod-ja-JP.msi -out 1041.mst

Regards,
Viharika