[wix-users] Add button to ARP that calls a custom dialog

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Tue Nov 9 01:59:29 PST 2021

I don't understand if you're using the bootstrapper's UI or the MSI's

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Thu, 04 Nov 2021 22:17:10 +0200 Linda Barnhart via wix-users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote ----

Hello!

We are using Wix Toolset 3.10; Visual Studio Pro 2017 Version 15.9.40;
WixUI_FeatureTree; HyperlinkLargeTheme and HyperlinkTheme; and WixStdBA.

We need to add a button in Add/Remove Programs that calls a custom dialog
that prompts for a key. (This dialog is called conditionally during
install. The key expires, so we need a way for the customer to just update
it. The dialog calls a custom action to validate the key entered.) Is this
possible and is anyone aware of an example or documentation of how to do
this? If not in version 3.10, what version should I update to?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (I've seen this question asked
but have not seen it answered.)
Thanks,
Linda