[wix-users] GitHub actions: Wix.targets no longer found

Daniel Lidström dlidstrom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:44:25 PST 2021

I had a setup where I could use Wix through msbuild, something which requires importing Wix.targets. However it has stopped working. I am using windows-2019 runner and I’m seeing this error:
error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\Wix.targets" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\Wix.targets" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
The relevant part of my msbuild script is this:
<PropertyGroup><WixTargetsPath Condition=" '$(WixTargetsPath)' == '' ">$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\Wix.targets</WixTargetsPath>
…
Does anyone know where the file has gone? I’ve asked in the GitHub community forums as well, but thought I’d ask the experts here if there’s anything I’m doing wrong.
Thanks!

/Daniel