[wix-users] How to install a component based on ProductLanguage?

viharika reddy viharikareddygopu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 07:19:28 PST 2021

Hi all,

I have created a multi-language installer which supports English and
Japanese. I am using torch tool to create the japanese transform file from
the default one. I have two components which need to be installed based on
the ProductLanguage(the language in which the installation is running). The
conditions of the two components are as follows.

comp1 :
       *<Condition>ProductLanguage=1033</Condition>*

comp2 :
      * <Condition>ProductLanguage=1041</Condition>*

The problem here is, only comp1 is always getting installed even though I
pass the ProductLanguage as 1041.
Install command - *msiexec.exe /i myprod.msi" /qn ProductLanguage=1041*

Snippet of my wxs file.

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>*
*<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi
<http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi>">*
*<Product *

*Id="prod-code" *

*Name="my-prod" *

*Language="1033" *

*Version="1.0.0.0" *

*Manufacturer="my-comp" *

*UpgradeCode="upgrade-code">*

*<Package *

*Compressed="yes" *

*Description="my product" *

*InstallerVersion="200" *

*Keywords="Installer,MSI,Database" *

*Languages="0,1033,1041" *

*Manufacturer="my-comp" *

*Platform="x86" *

*SummaryCodepage="0" />*

Could you please help if I am doing something wrong here?

Regards,
Viharika