[wix-users] Need help in installing an external .exe with wix bundle.

Pranshu, Allokik Allokik.Pranshu at philips.com
Tue Nov 9 20:52:07 PST 2021

HI ,

We are developing a project where we need to install an external payload (.exe) silently with our wix bundle as a prerequisite which we are shipping with our wix .exe , we have tried giving compressed as "no" and giving an absolute path. We are unable to give a relative path for the exe, giving that gives a build error. And the absolute path does not work when the setup is run in other systems.

Need help from you in how to install that external payload silently as a prerequisite without any user interaction on all systems without including it in the wix bundle.

Already sent a mail with this issue and some screenshots a week back but received no response.

Thanks & Regards,
Allokik Pranshu