[wix-users] SuppressDowngrade still installs a bundle

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Wed Jul 7 15:53:33 PDT 2021

Agreed x2.

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Sean Hall via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, 7 July, 2021 18:45
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Sean Hall <r.sean.hall at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] SuppressDowngrade still installs a bundle

I don't know why it continues to go through the plan/execute phases, that seems like a reasonable feature request.

The documentation probably said "successful do-nothing operation" because the Burn engine won't try to install a package if it is detected as Present or Obsolete or Superseded, which is what's supposed to happen when you're downgrading a bundle. If no packages are planned to be installed then the execute phase shouldn't register the bundle. You would have to provide the full log for us to know why you're getting a side-by-side install.