[wix-users] Files getting blocked by windows defender

Vibhor Gupta vibhor.gupta at coditas.com
Mon Jul 19 09:47:58 PDT 2021

Hii,

We have bundled our application using wix toolset and signed it too using a
digicert code signed certificate. but we have found certain files are
getting blocked by windows defender.

So what can we do to avoid files getting blocked by windows defender since
this behaviour is very uneven on different machines . different files are
getting blocked by windows defender.

We are working on a excel add in project which is delivered to our
customers in the form of a msi package. I am attaching a reference link
<https://github.com/pyxll/pyxll-installer/blob/master/templates/Product.wxs>
of wxs file and there is no customization done to this.

I am attaching a snapshot of a windows defender notification.

Any help will be really appreciated

Thank You

Regards,
Vibhor Gupta

This
e-mail communication and any attachments to it are confidential and
privileged to Coditas and are strictly intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies of this message along with all attachments thereto.